Temperature

Description of your first forum.
pietr-om

Temperature

Post by pietr-om »

Hi there, it's pietr here,
As i decided to undertake this project a few days ago, this question jumped to my mind, is there a temperetar of the intaken air at which the zeolites (depend to the type, LiX or 13X) are more efficient in order to get a bigger yield?
Thank u, I'm a "newbie", I'd appreciate if any of you guys cuold help me, otherwise thank u aniway and wish you the best luck

kochju

Re: Temperature

Post by kochju »

Hi Pietr,

Good to hear that you are starting out on this project!

We have not looked into the temperature dependence as we consider ambient conditions for simplicity. However I found a scientific paper, which describes the effects of working at higher temperatures at the feed (~60°C). They claim that they reach 10% higher productivity overall due to improved nitrogen desorption even when selectivity of N2/O2 decreases. So if you ask me, the advantage of having the feed at higher temperature is negligible.

Best wishes
Julian

pietr-om

Re: Temperature

Post by pietr-om »

Thank u Julian,
this hopefully will really help me out on my project, since i expect it to work just about under that temperature. Your way of thinking was mine too so its good to hear you confim and agree, or at least the article you quote does.
Thank you very much
Good luck and best wishes
Pietr