Im busy working on a concentrator and the components needed. Im having difficulty with sourcing the correct valves for a double cylinder concentrator.
Please could you assist:
Assuming each cylinder holds 1kg of Zeolite
1) How many valves are needed for a double cylinder unit?
2) What type of valve will work -
Direct operated (operating from 0 bar)?
Semi-direct operated (operating from 0 bar)?
Indirect operated (pressure differential required, normally at least 0.5 bar)?
3) Circuit function -
4) Whats the ideal pipe/tube diameter ?
5) Orifice, Kev Value and Flow Rate?
6) Pressure of the system
7) Response Time
8) Voltage & Coil
These were some of the questions that I was asked from suppliers. I had no idea how to answer them.
If theres a link to valves already in use that would help in extrapolating the data needed as well.
Thanks in advance
2) As the pressures required are not that high (3-4 bars), the valves do not have to fulfill very specific needs. We are only working with direct operated valves. I am no expert in valves but I think indirect operated valves are ment for higher flowrates than the ones we have in our setup.
3) You can build a setup with both types, but with 3/2 you have to use less parts overall. Here is an explanation of the difference: https://tameson.com/solenoid-valve-types.html
4) We are using standard 6-8 mm diameter tubing, too small of a diameter will induce high pressure drop. Difficult to say whats optimal but just use industrial standard
5) What is the question?
6) We have everything written in our prototype blog, 2-4 bar
7) What is the response time?
8) We work both in 12 and 24 V systems
Here are some valves:
https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B01D9HTQ ... E5JFAPS03Z
https://ch.rs-online.com/web/p/pneumati ... lsrc=aw.ds